Why would I use AHGP?
AHGP allows you to have a live consultation with a doctor at your own convenience.
Can I get prescriptions or referrals?
Referral letters and radiology requests can be emailed directly to patients however scripts still need to be collected from the practice.
What instances could I use AHGP?
AHGP can be used for most medical issues such as but not limited to:
- General Medical
- Behavioral health
- Workplace accidents
See link below for more information:
How do I start?
The AHGP app for patients is accessible on iOS App Store for Apple devices and the Google Play store for Android devices. You can install the app on your phone or tablet by searching for “AHGP” in either store.
Upon starting for the first time, the app will request permissions to your camera, microphone, notifications, and calendar. These are required for the app to fully function.
How do I register?
When accessing the app for the first time, you will need to register an account. You can do this using your email address or by logging in with Facebook or Google.
You will also need to select Castle Hill Medical Centre as your medical provider.
If registering by email, a verification email will be sent to your email address. The activation link must be clicked before you can log in to the app. Once verified, you can log in to the app with your username and password.
If you are not using a tablet or smartphone, you can also register via the web at https://chmc.ahgp.com.au/ – note however that your PC must have speakers, a webcam, and a microphone.
We recommend all patients use the Android or iOS app.
How do I view my appointments
To view your appointments, select “My Appointments” from the main menu. This will show several options:
• Accepted Appointments – These are appointments which the doctor has accepted. You can cancel these appointments at any time. Note that the doctor may have edited the appointment time when accepting, so it is slightly different to your requested time.
• Pending Appointments – These are appointments that you have requested, but have not yet been accepted by a doctor. They may be pending payment if they are not bulk-billed.
• Consultation History – These are appointments that have occurred in the past.
• Scheduled Calls – These are appointments that have been accepted and paid for (if necessary) and will occur at the scheduled time.
How do I request an appointment
To make an appointment with a GP, tap the “Request a Video Call” button from the main menu.
You will first be asked to answer a short series of questions. Your answers may help our doctors manage patient files, assess your medical condition, or provide other useful information that might be needed before the call takes place.
Once you have answered all the questions, you will be asked if the appointment is for yourself or someone else (a family member, for example). You will then be presented with options:
• Preferred Doctor: This will show a list of doctors at the medical centre. You can select who to send the request to, and which time suits you – from a list of that GP’s available times.
• Preferred Time: This will show a list of available times for all doctors. Simply select the time that suits you, and then select from the list of GPs that are available at that time.
Can I book an appointment on behalf of a family member?
You will be asked when requesting the video call as to whether the call is for yourself or someone else. This is important, as it ensures the doctor is updating the correct medical record.
To add other patients to your account, go to the “My Profile/Users” item on the main menu. As well as editing your own profile, you can add other potential patients who can be chosen when requesting an appointment.
What services can my doctor provide?
You can use AHGP for a wide range of medical conditions from general medical such as cold and flu to injury and behavioral health related conditions
What happens if connection is lost?
As long as you have internet connection the doctor will be able to call you back via the app.
What happens to my medical record?
The record of your consultation will be kept on your file at the clinic you have registered with.
How do I manage my notifications?
Several types of notifications can be displayed on your phone. To manage whether these notifications make a sound, simply go to “Manage Notifications” from the main menu.
I am having technical difficulties with the app
The ability of the app to function is directly related to the quality of your device’s internet connection. Before contacting us about any problems with the app, please ensure your internet connection is sufficient. We recommend a stable 5mbit upload and download on 4G or WiFi.
For other problems or bug reports, you can contact us at email@example.com.
How can I contact you?
You may contact us by filling in the form below or by calling us directly on 02 9634 5000.