Everything You Need To Know About AHGP
Use of the Any Hour GP platform (the ‘Site’ or the ‘App’) is subject to these terms of service (‘Terms’) and all applicable laws, either of which may be revised or varied at any time without notice. By accessing the Site or using the App, You accept and agree to be bound by these Terms, as varied from time to time.
What is AHGP?
We operate an online platform to facilitate the treatment of people (‘Patients’) by Australian registered General Practitioners (‘Doctors’) via videoconference.
The Doctors we work with offer medical consultations (‘Consultations’) with Patients who book appointments using the App by examining and taking their medical history via videoconference and other technologies, without physically examining them or meeting them in person (‘Telehealth’).
Like local General Practitioners (‘GP’s’), many factors may impact on the availability of Doctors or the operation of technology and whilst We endeavour to make Telehealth available at all times, the making of a booking on the App does not guarantee that medical treatment will be available at a specified time, or at all.
Not Medical or Healthcare Advice
You acknowledge and agree that We are not a medical or healthcare provider and are not liable for any medical or healthcare services booked using the App. All medical and healthcare related queries should be directed to a Doctor. We do not warrant or represent that any particular medication or treatment (including medication or treatment provided by a Doctor during a Consultation) is safe, appropriate or effective.
Information contained on the Site (other than information provided by a Doctor during a Consultation) does not constitute medical or healthcare advice. Patients should not rely upon information on the Site or App as a substitute for obtaining specific advice from a Doctor or other qualified healthcare practitioner.
No Emergency Service
The services offered by the App are not suitable for serious medical conditions, medical emergencies or matters requiring immediate or urgent treatment (‘Emergencies’). If You require treatment for a serious medical condition or require immediate or urgent medical assistance, You should contact emergency services on 000 or attend the nearest hospital emergency centre.
Not a substitute for ongoing medical care
The services offered by the App are not intended to be a substitute for the ongoing involvement of your usual GP or other medical professional responsible for managing your day-to-day health needs.
Patients are encouraged to schedule follow-up visits with their primary physician.
Accuracy of Patient Information and History
Like ordinary GP services, the effectiveness of any Doctor’s service is dependent on complete and truthful answers to all questions asked to assess the appropriateness of treatments and medications for Patients. The Patient (or guardian of a Patient, if applicable) understands and agrees that they must:
- answer all questions asked;
- be accurate and fulsome in their answers; and
- report any new (since last consultation with their usual GP) symptoms or worsening of condition
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
You acknowledge and agree that We are not liable for the care of a Patient or for any medical, healthcare or other advice (including prescriptions) given by a Doctor.
We are not liable for, and You indemnify Us (and our related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees and consultants) against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities and expenses (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) in any way arising from or relating to:
- any treatment, advice or information provided during a Consultation and other services provided by a Doctor to a Patient (including any medications prescribed by a Doctor and the quality or suitability of any services provided by a Doctor);
- any personal injury, mishap or death or any alleged or actual malpractice or negligence by any Doctor;
- Your failure to answer any questions truthfully, or to provide any information requested by Us or a Doctor; and
- Your use of the services offered by the App.
Except as expressly stated in an agreement between you and AHGP, all content, services, products and software provided on the site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. You are solely responsible for the appropriateness of the site, its content, and the products and services offered by us on the site for your intended application and use. We do not warrant that the site, its content, or the products and services offered on the site will meet your requirements.
Nothing in these Terms or otherwise is intended to exclude or limit the operation of the Australian Consumer Law or any other laws implying terms, conditions or warranties into contracts for the supply of goods or services which cannot be excluded. Subject to this clause, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied rights, remedies, guarantees, conditions and warranties are hereby excluded.
Regarding the use of the App
The App offers a convenient service for Patients with straightforward, non-emergency medical needs. By accessing the App, You acknowledge and agree that:
- You are at least 18 years of age and (one of) the Patient or their legal guardian, parent or health attorney. You will provide proof of identity with a driver’s license or other legal document if requested to do so;
- the Patient is not suffering dangerous or unusual symptoms (e.g. suddenly decreased or blurred vision, severe headaches, inexplicable pain or nausea, fainting spells, bleeding, numbness or tingling/pins and needles in any part of the body);
- the need for the Consultation is unconnected with an accident or injury, except for where agreed otherwise by written agreement, regardless of cause;
- the Patient does not suffer from multiple or serious chronic conditions and does not currently take multiple prescribed medications;
- the Patient does not require a prescription of any ‘schedule 8’ (narcotic) medicines;
- You have completed the ‘General Medical Questions’ completely and truthfully, and have not omitted information which is or may be relevant to the Patient’s care;
- We do not represent, warrant or guarantee the quality of any medical advice provided by a Doctor during a Consultation or otherwise;
- We do not guarantee that a Doctor will hold any additional qualification or specialist knowledge and We are not responsible for the manner in which a Consultation is conducted or the quality of any medical advice provided;
- if either You or the Patient are hard of hearing, during the Consultation You/they will have a hearing assistance device;
- You are responsible personally for the costs of the Consultation in accordance with these Terms;
- if, during a Consultation, a Doctor considers that the Patient needs further treatment or examination, You will seek that as soon as possible (and that neither We, nor the Doctor, are responsible for following-up Patients);
- any medication or other treatment prescribed by a Doctor will be solely for the Patient’s own personal use and You will not allow any other person to take medication that has been prescribed to a Patient;
- You will not share your username and password with anyone and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that a third party does not gain access to Your account;
- We reserve the right to cancel Your registration on the App without notice at Our sole discretion; and
- if a Doctor prescribes medication or a treatment for a Patient, and the Patient suffers from any noticeable side-effects, You will notify the Doctor so that the Doctor can fulfil their duty of after-care.
Payments and Refunds
Payment options are displayed in the App and on the Site. You agree to pay all fees or charges in accordance with these Terms and the fees and charges in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable.
All fees and charges associated with a Consultation are pre-authorised on the credit card or PayPal account provided and You agree that We are authorized to immediately process the payment at the end of Your Consultation. You will never be charged more than the pre-authorised amount. The Consultation fee will be refunded if the Doctor cancels the appointment, or if there is a technological failure that prevents an effective Consultation between Patient and Doctor. Technological failure is assessed and logged by the Doctor. The Consultation fee is generally not refundable if You, as a Patient, cancel an appointment within 10 minutes prior to it starting or fail to attend at the scheduled time.
Consultations and Availability of Doctors
We cannot guarantee that a Doctor assigned to take a Consultation will be available at the appointed time. However, if a Doctor is unavailable, we will endeavour to source notify you as soon as possible in the event that your Consultation is cancelled.
The duration of each Consultation is set by the Doctor. Neither We nor any other person guarantees that the Patient can be diagnosed and a treatment plan finalised within that time period. The Patient may end the Consultation at any time, however will be charged for a full Consultation. A Doctor has full discretion to:
- interrupt or re-schedule a Consultation;
- discontinue a Consultation; or
- decline to treat You / the Patient,
for any reason they consider reasonable.
Complex medical problems may not be suitable for Telehealth Consultation as they may require a longer time than set. In most cases it will not be an option to extend your Consultation beyond the initial period, however arrangements can be made with the Doctor to book a further appointment at another time if appropriate.
Dispensing of prescription medicines
All prescriptions written after a Consultation are passed on by the Doctor directly to a an accredited Australian pharmacy. The Patient is always given a choice as to whether they wish their own local pharmacist to dispense a prescription.
Use of Communication Tools
How a Consultation is conducted (including any follow-up of a questionnaire received for a prescription) is up to the Doctor and may include video, telephone or a combination of these things. Email, instant messaging and fax may not be used for Consultations. You will, however, be required to provide an email address in case the Doctor wishes to send paperwork to You or the Patient after the Consultation.
Please note that no communications between a Doctor and a Patient is authorised outside of the allocated Consultation time without the prior written approval of the Doctor.
Intellectual Property Ownership
The Site and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, compilation, organization and display of the content, as well as all software, images, logos, video and audio), are the exclusive property of Us and are protected by laws relating to intellectual property. These Terms permit you to use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Site or any services or materials available through the Site.